Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dry Lager Double Up


Today I kegged a double batch of a dry lager. The recipe comes from the Country Brewer and is as follows:
2x Wal's Dry Lager
2kg Brew Booster (I'll need to check the contents for actual amounts of Sugars and Malt)
24g Cluster Hops Infused
n.b. These are double amounts as it was a double batch.
The final gravity ended up at about 1.008, but I didn't do a starting gravity test, but I am guessing that the alcohol content will be around 4.7%-5.0%. Hopefully I will be able to do a few taste tester tomorrow afternoon to give a bit of feedback on the recipe and I am sure the people who duck around for a few quiet ones (or really loud ones), will be able to give me some feedback on it.
The previous single keg that I did last week but didn't post about was my first kegging attempt, and I was extremely pleased with the results. It was a copy of a Tooheys Old, which was also from the Country Brewer, which I had planned to bottle some months ago, but couldn't find the motivation....until David got me on the kegging bandwagon. I had a number of mates around to celebrate the occasion of the first keg, and I was most impressed with the fine ale that was now on tap.......in fact it was that fine that I was sound asleep by 11pm that evening only to awake nursing a pretty heavy hangover!

2 comments:

Alcifer said...

The dry lager will be a crowd-pleaser, I'm sure! The Country Brewer's "Brew Booster" is a 2:1:1 mixture of dextrose:maltodextrin:light malt.1

McMaster said...

looks good look forward to the tasting.