Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Double Up No. 2

I spoke with the attendant at the Brew shop and asked for a little advice on something fast to make and having a bit of malt with a light hop. I have gone with a Rapid Creek Pale with a brew booster and Amarillo hop. It smells pretty good and seems like it will make a nice beer. I will have to get a bit more organised for brewing the double batches and buy my mixes in advance. I am thinking for my next batch a Little Creatures Pale Ale.
Thankyou to Dave, Mixy, Louie and Jen who made the trip down for the squash games and beers on the Grand Final weekend. The beers seemed to go down a treat after a few hours of squash, especially that we downed 1 1/2 kegs. I hope you enjoyed the beers and I am sure I will have to make a trip down to CanB to taste test a few of Dave's creations in the near future.
The single batch that will be kegged in the following week is just a Cooper's Canadian Blonde with Brew Enhancer #2. This was one of the easier beers to drink back in the day of bottling so it will be interesting to see how it come out in kegging.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Brewing fox.
I just got an email from Dave Weir suggesting i get in contact and have a chat with you about brewing. Always enjoy a brewing chat, especially with a Chem PhD. Got into all grain couple of years back so your chemical knowledge could be useful.

Shoot me an email if you've got some spare time.
johnvrobillard@gmail.com

Alcifer said...

G'day John. Thanks for checking out our new blog, The Brewing Fox. I'm glad to hear from a friend of Dave Weir and I will drop you an email shortly.

Alcifer said...

Marko, here is a similar recipe for the Little Creatures Pale Ale (Ref 1):

Black Rock Pilsner Blonde
Brewcraft #15 Brew Booster
Finishing Hops Cascade pellets 10g
Safale yeast

For 20L, OG is 1048g/L, FG is 1012g/L , and alcohol is approximately 5.5% (v/v).

Mate, we all had a blast playing heaps of squash and swilling all your dry lager.

1. Rodgers-Wilson, M., "Brewing Crafts", 2004, Chimay Blue Label, 205.